Firelight Bird Dogs

Firelight Bird Dogs

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Dixie x Heath puppies: 8 weeks

This will be the last photo update for this litter because next weekend they will all be joining their families!  These puppies are all headed to companion-hunting homes, mostly grouse hunting in the Great Lakes, New England, Pennsylvania and the Appalachian Mountains.  As much as I enjoy puppies and their antics, I have to say that the most rewarding aspect of breeding for me is when I receive field reports and photos of the pups/dogs making their owners happy.  Proud photos and stories of them on point or tailgate shots with well earned birds always bring a smile to my face and encourages me to begin planning the next litter.

Folks seem to love seeing photos of the puppies as they grow and it is a great way for families who live far away to follow their growth.  I try hard to get photos that show each puppy as I see them every day but I have to tell you that it isn't easy!  I am not a photographer and I'm afraid that my photos simply do not accurately convey how cute the pups really are.  I try to capture cute poses like this:


But I'm afraid the the majority of shots end up more like this:


Enjoy a potpourri of photos of the pups from this morning and thanks for looking!
























8 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the pup hung up on the rock. So typical of youngsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are all of your dogs beautiful, they appear to be full of life, confidence and intelligence. What a combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A photographer is anyone with a camera....you do great! I love the photos of the puppies....and yes their cuteness does come across in the photos. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone with a camera is a photographer..you're doing great. Puppies are not easy to photograph they move so fast. Keep up the good work, you can see their cuteness in your photos. I would love to come play with them, maybe one day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to get our little guy next week! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss seeing these puppies. Perhaps new owners are or will be on Ryman Setter face book group page?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, only 1 of the new owners is on Facebook! I will however try to post photos on my Firelight Bird Dogs FB page when owners send them to me.

      Delete