Firelight Bird Dogs

Firelight Bird Dogs

Friday, May 14, 2021

Jewelry for Woodcock


by Lynn Dee Galey

One of Annie's pups is slated to go to the home of a long time woodcock bander here in Michgan. I had hoped to join him on some brood searches this spring as I work toward becoming a bander myself but the woodcock and Annie shared timing and I instead am home here with puppies. The gentleman told me yesterday that he is finding broods in the 4-7 day old range.  The weather is looking favorable, good luck little guys.


Photos courtesy of Tye Sonney, woodcock bander

Good owners and their bird dogs put up their gear last month to allow for undisturbed woodcock nesting. But a couple of folks shared pics of a few of their spring woodcock experiences with their Firelight youngsters.  They have all heard me say that if you have time to take some photos, your pup is doing things right.  :-)  


Mia
Mia backing her housemate, a Brit
Bentley
Kali
Bliss






No comments:

Post a Comment